Need a second opinion? Strategic insight into your tech environment? Someone with the skills to work with your superstar in-house guy? We’ve got you covered.
- Site evaluation
- Systems analysis and review
- Purchasing assistance
- Picking our brains as needed
Don’t rely on pills to sleep better at night. We’ll put the most commonly overlooked pieces of your IT puzzle in place, so you can rest easy knowing your systems are cared for and under control.
- Backup scheduling
- Preventative maintenance
- Network and server monitoring
We come to your location. Don’t worry — we won’t cause a racket, make a mess or invade your space. In fact, you’ll barely notice we’re there. Our most requested services include:
- Computer setup, migration from old to new computer (Mac to Mac or PC to Mac)
- Server installation and configuration (or, all too often, reconfiguration)
- Software rollout
- Maintenance and optimization
We work from our location through the magic of the Internet. Depending on your network, we can connect with you from anywhere — securely and confidentially. Remote support means:
- Faster service (same day or next day)
- Less downtime or interruption*
- No travel fees
- Many connection methods are available (e.g. VPN, VNC, Apple Remote Desktop, SSH)
* We can often do this work while you’re away from your computer — it depends largely on your network hardware and configuration.
Most computers today are nearly useless without a decent network to bring them together. Plus, they’re susceptible to online security flaws and senseless threats. We’ll help you get connected and stay safe, so you have less to worry about and more time to focus on your work.
- Network cabling (latest standards of wiring for new or old construction)
- Wireless (simple secure wireless integration or complex multipoint roaming)
- Security (firewall, parental controls, traffic control, anti-everything)
- Virtual Private Networking, or VPN (securely interconnect your locations)
* Though we can work with most brands, we are most fond of SonicWALL appliances and Apple Wi-Fi equipment.
Before you dropkick that temperamental machine out the window, remember: Sometimes computers run out of space to store files or just need a little boost. We can help by installing a larger drive or some extra RAM. Or, if you decided against AppleCare and a year has passed, we’re available for out-of-warranty hardware repairs.
- System diagnostics
- Data recovery
Not sure what to do with that old computer, ancient display or dead printer? We can probably recycle it. Please note:
- It must fit in our vehicle (we can make arrangements if you have much to recycle)
- Nominal fee of $25 per display, laptop, tower or printer
We sell and rent many of the products you might need, so you enjoy complete solutions from one source.
- Network equipment
- Storage products
Need some equipment for a short stint? We offer daily, weekly and monthly rentals.
- Computers and servers
- Network equipment (routers, wireless, mobile)
- Storage drives
Sometimes a little handholding makes all the difference. At MacShaman, we can help you use your computer more effectively or show someone in your office how to manage your server. One-on-one or small-group training is available. Call for details.
- Operating system
- Server management